1- Ahmadi Vanahri, Armaghan, Ghaffari, Ali, Tahabaz, Mansoureh, (2017): "Evolution of the body of the city and its thermal reflection Case study: Isfahan", journal of Architecture and Urban Planning - No. 17.
2- Akbari, H., Rose L. S., (2008): "Urban surfaces and heat island mitigation potentials:, Journal of the Human-Environmental System, 11: 85-101.
- 3 -Alijani, Bohlool, Toulabi Nejad, Meysam, Sayadi, Fariba, (2017): "Calculation of thermal island intensity based on the studied urban geometry: Bagh alley neighborhood of Tabriz", Journal of Spatial Analysis of Environmental Hazards, Fourth Year, Issue, Fall 3, 2017, Pages 99-112.
3- Allegrini, Jonas, Carmeliet, Jan, (2018): "Simulations of local heat islands in Zürich with coupled CFD and building energy models", Urban Climate Volume 24, Pages 340-359.
4- Amiri, Reza, Alim Mohammadi, Abbas, Alavi Panah, Seyed Kazem, (2007): "Study of spatio-temporal variability of heat in relation to land use in the urban area of Tabriz using Landsat ETM + data and thermal and reflective TM, environmental, Thirty-third year, No. 43, Fall 2007, pp. 107-120.
5- Arbabi A., Yousefi A., (2010): "a Survey on climatological elements (temperature, precipitation and relative humidity) impact on climatological changes in big city of Tehran and formation of heat islands in the last two decades", The 1 st International Applied Geological Congress, Department of Geology, Islamic Azad University - Mashad Branch, Iran, 26-28 April 2010.
6- Atkinson, B W, (2003): "Numerical modelling of urban heat-island intensity", Journal of Boundary Layer Meteorology, 109(3), 285-310.
7- Azizi, Ghasem, (2005): Climate Change, Qoms Publications, Tehran.
8- Azizi, Ghasem, Shamsipour, Ali Akbar, Mahdian Mahforozi, Mojtaba, Miri, Morteza, (2013): "Influence of the intensity of the urban heat island of Tehran from synoptic patterns, environment, year 39, number 4, pages 55-66.
9- Biddulph, Mike, (2007): "Introduction to Residential Layout, Amsterdam", Architectural Press.
10- Bottyan, Z., Unger, J, (2003): "A multiple linear statistical model for estimating the mean maximum urban heat island", Theor. Appl, Climatol, 75, 233–243.
11- Cambi, Enrico,(2003), Tipologie residenzia con pa
12- Chen, W., Zhang, Y., Gao, W., Zhou, D, (2016): "The Investigation of Urbanization and Urban Heat Island in Beijing Based on Remote Sensing", Journal of Social and Behavioral Sciences 216, 141 – 150.
13- Chiara, J, D, & Crosbie, M, J, (1999): "Time-saver Standards for building Types:, New York": McGraw-Hill pub.
14- Debbage, N, Shepherd, J.M. (2015): "The urban heat island effect and city contiguity", Computers, Environment and Urban System, Vol. 54.
15- Duana, Shuangping, Luob, Zhiwen , Yangc, Xinyan, Li,Yuguo, (2019): "The impact of building operations on urban heat/cool islands under urban densification: A comparison between naturally-ventilated and airconditioned buildings" , Applied Energy, Volume 235, Pages 129-138
16- Einifar, Alireza, Ghazizadeh, Seyedeh Neda, (2010): "Typology of Tehran residential complexes with open space criteria", Armanshahr, No. 5.
- 18-Farhadi, Hamed, Faizi, Mohsen, Sanaieian, Hanyieh, (2019): "Mitigating the urban heat island in a residential area in Tehran: Investigating the role of vegetation, materials, and orientation of buildings", Sustainable Cities and Society, Volume 46, , 101448
- 19- Gartland, L, (2010): "Heat Island: understanding and mitigating Heat in Urban Areas", Routledge.
- 20- Ghazanfari Moghadam, Mohammad Sadegh, Alizadeh, Amin, Naseri Moghadam, Mahyar, Farid Hosseini, Alireza, (2010): "Study of the effect of urban heat island on the trend of climate change in Mashhad", Journal of Water and Soil, Volume 24, Number 2, June and July, pp. 366 - 359.
- 21- Hove, L. W. et al, (2015): "Temporal and spatial variability of urban heat island and thermal comfort within the Rotterdam agglomeration", Building and environment. Vol. 83.
- 22-Karami Rad, Sina, Aliabadi, Mohammad, Habibi, Amin, (1397): "Assessing the effect of urban geometry on external thermal comfort conditions at the micro-climate scale"; consecutive issue 29. Year 8.
- 23-Karlessi T., Santamouris M., Synnefa A., Assimakopoulos D., Didaskalopoulos P., Apostolakis K., (2010): "Development and testing of PCM doped cool colored coatings to mitigate urban heat island and cool buildings", Building and Environment, Pp 1-10.
- 24- Khaledi, Shahriyar, (1374), Applied cllmatology, Qoms Publishing.
- 25- Khan, A., Chatterjee, S, (2017): "Numerical simulation of urban heat island intensity under urban–suburban surface and reference site in Kolkata, India", Journal of Modeling Earth Systems and Environment, 2-71.
- 26- Kuang, W., Yang, T., Liu, A., Zhang, C., Lu, D., Chi, W., (2017): "An Eco City model for regulating urban land cover structure and thermal environment: taking Beijing as an example", Sci. China Earth Sci. 60 (6), 1098–1109.
- 27- Li, H., Zhou, Y., Li, X., Meng, L., Wang, X., Wu, S., Sodoudi, S, (2018): "A new method to quantify surface urban heat island intensity", Science of the Total Environment, 624, 262–272.
- 28- Loupa, G. et al, (2016): "Energy flux parametrization as an opportunity to get Urban Heat Island insights: the case of Athens, Greece (Thermopolis 2009 Campaign)", Science of the Total Environment, Vol. 542.
- 29- Lowe, s. A, (2016): "An energy and mortality impact assessment of the urban heat island in the US", Environmental impact Assessment Review, vol. 56.
- 30- Mahdeloei S., Hamidi Farahani F., Shakori M.J., (2012): "The role of roof gardens in saving energy and reducing the heat island phenomenon", Annals of Biological Research, 3 (4):1704-1707.
- 31- Malakooti, H., (2010): "Meteorology and air-quality in a mega-city: application to Tehran, Iran, PhD Dissertation of École des Ponts ParisTech", Universite Paris Est.
- 32- Mi, Z., Guan, D., Liu, Z., Liu, J., Viguié, V., Fromer, N., Wang, Y, (2018): "Cities: the core of climate change mitigation", Journal of Cleaner Production 207, 582-589.
- 33- Moradzadeh, Mohammad, (1999): Physical Simulation of a Heat Island and Temperature Pattern, M.Sc. Thesis, Institute of Geophysics, University of Tehran.
- 34- Motamedi, Mina, (2003): A Study of the Interaction between Local (Mountain) Tours and the Heat Island Phenomenon in Tehran, Master Thesis in Meteorology, Institute of Geophysics, University of Tehran.
- 35- Mousavi-Baygi, Ashraf M., Miyanabady A., (2010): "The Investigation of Tehran’s Heat Island by using the Surface Ozone and Temperature Data", International Journal of Applied Environmental Sciences, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 189–200.
- 36- Mousavi Baigi, Mohammad, Ashraf, Samaneh, Farid Hosseini, Alireza, Mianabadi, Ameneh, (2012): "Study of the thermal island of Mashhad using satellite images and fractal theory, Geography and Environmental Hazards", Volume 1, Number 1 ,pp. 35-49.
- 37-Oberndorfer E., Lundholm J., Bass B., Coffman R.R., Doshi H., Dunnett N., Gaffin S., Kohler M., Liu K.K.Y., Rowe B., (2007): "Green Roofs as Urban Ecosystems: Ecological Structures, Functions, and Services", BioScience, 57(10): 823-833.
- 38- Oke, T. R. (1973): "City size and the urban heat island", Atmos, Environ., 7, 769–779.
- 39- Onishi, A., Cao X., Ito T., Shi F., Imura H., (2010): "Evaluating the potential for urban heat-island mitigation by greening parking lots", Urban Forestry & Urban Greening, pp. 1-10.
- 40-Parsaee, Mojtaba, Mastani Joybari, Mahmood , A. Mirzaei, Parham, Haghighat, Fariborz,(2019): "Urban heat island, urban climate maps and urban development policies and action plans", Environmental Technology & Innovation Volume 14, 100341
- 41- Peymanorad, Amir Hossein, (2015): "Study of the form of urban blocks with the approach of external thermal comfort in Tehran", Master Thesis, Supervisor: Nazanin Nasrollahi, Ilam University.
- 42-Pfeifer, Günter. & Brauneck, Per. (2008): "Courtyard Houses: A Housing Typology", Berlin, Springer.
- 43- Polyzoides, Stefanos. & Sherwood, Roger & Tice, James, (1992): "Courtyard Housing in Los Angeles: A Typological Analysis",Princeton, Architectural Press.
- 44- Pompeii W.C., Hawkins T.W., (2011): "Assessing the Impact of Green Roofs on Urban Heat Island Mitigation: A Hardware Scale Modeling Approach", the Geographical Bulletin 52: 52-61.
- 45-Price, A, Jones, E.C, Jefferson, F, (2015): "Vertical Greenery Systems as a Strategy in Urban Heat Island Mitigation. Water, Air, & Soil Pollution", vol. 226, no 8.
- 46-Ramezani, Bahman, Dokht Mohammad, Seyed Maryam, (2010): "Knowledge of the spatial boundary of the formation of a heat island in the city of Rasht", Journal of Urban Research and Planning, first year, first issue, pages 64-49.
- 47-Rangzan, Kazem, Firoozi, Mohammad Ali, Taghizadeh, Ayub, Mehdizadeh, Ramin, (2013): "Study and analysis of land use role in the formation of thermal islands using S.R and GIS : Case study: Ahvaz", the first seminar National Application of GIS Economic, Social and Urban Planning, Tehran.
- 48- Ranjbar Saadatabadi, Abbas; Azadi, Majid; Ali Akbari Beidakhti, Abbas Ali; Sadeghi Hosseini, Seyed Alireza; (2005): "Case Study of Tehran Heat Island and its Numerical Simulation", Journal of Earth and Space Physics, Volume 31, Number 1, Pages 63-78.
- 49- Rosenfeld A.H., Akbari H., Romm J.J., Pomerantz M., (1998): "Cool communities: strategies for heat island".
- 50- Savio, P., and Team, (2006): "Mitigating New York City’s Heat Island with Urban Forestry, Living Roofs, and Light Surfaces, New York City Regional Heat Island Initiative Final Report", New York State Energy.
- 51- Savio, Y., (2006): "Measures to Mitigate Urban Heat Islands", Quarterly Review, vol.18.
- 52- Secretariat of the Supreme Council of Urban Planning and Architecture of Iran, (2004): Regulations of Urban Planning and Architecture and Civil Development Plans, Iran Development, Tehran.
- 53- Schneider, Friederike, (1997): "Floor Plan Atlas, Housing,Basel", Boston, Birkhäuser.
- 54- Shahmohamadi P., Cubasch U., Sodoudi S., Che-Ani A.I., (2012): "Mitigating Urban Heat Island Effects in Tehran Metropolitan Area", Chapter 11 of the book: Air Pollution – A Comprehensive Perspective.
- 55- Shamsipour, Ali Akbar, Mahdian Mahforozi, Mojtaba, Akhavan, Hanieh; Hosseinpour, Zeinab, (2012): "An Analysis of the Daily Behavior of the Heat Island of Tehran ", Environmental Science, Volume 38, Number 4, Pages 45-56.
- 56- Shokri Kouchak, Saeed, Behnia, Abdolkarim, (2011): "The effect of island warming phenomenon on local climate change in the metropolis of Ahvaz, Irrigation Science and Engineering", Journal of Agriculture, Volume 34, Number 1, Pages 35-43.
- 57- Small, C., & Miller, R. B, (1999): "Monitoring the Urban Environment from Space", Lamont Doherty Earth observatory. NY, USA: Columbia University Palisades.
- 58- Smith, C., Levermore, G, (2008): "Designing urban spaces and buildings to improve sustainability and quality of life in a warmer world, Energy Policy", 36: 4558–4562.
- 59- Solecki W.D., Rosenzweig C., Pope G., Parshall L, Wiencke M., (2008): "The Current and Future Urban Heat Island Effect and Potential Mitigation Strategies in the Greater Newark", New Jersey Region, United States Department of Energy (DOE).
- 60- Sundborg, A, (1950): "The local climatological studies of the temperature conditions in an urban areaTellus", 2, 222-232
- 61- Suomi, J., Käyhkö J., (2010): "The impact of environmental factors on urban temperature variability in the coastal city of Turku", SW Finland, International Journal of Climatology, DOI: 10.1002/joc.2277.
- 62-Swain, S., Therivel, R., (2014): "Environmental impacts of civil emergency plans and their exemption from SEA", Journal of Environmental Assessment Policy and Management, 16(3), 1-16.
- 63- Synnefa, A., Karlessi T., Gaitani N., Santamouris M., Assimakopoulos D.N., Papakatsikas C., (2011): "Experimental testing of cool colored thin layer asphalt and estimation of its potential to improve the urban microclimate", Building and Environment, 46: 38-44.
- 64-Taghipour, Maliheh, (2014): "The role of spatial permutation in environmental design on social interaction of residents, residential complexes in Shiraz", PhD thesis, Supervisor: Hossein Soltanzadeh, Islamic Azad University of Tehran Markaz.
- 65- Vardoulakis, E. Karamanis, D. Mihalakakou, G, (2014): "Heat island phenomenon and cool roofs mitigation strategies in a small city of the elevated tempertures", Advance in Buiding Energy Research, Vol. 8, no. 1.
- 66- Yue, Wenze, Liu, Xue, Zhou, Yuyu, Liu,Yong , (2019): "Impacts of urban configuration on urban heat island: An empirical study in China mega-cities", Science of The Total Environment, Volume 671, Pages 1036-1046.